Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summertime Blues





I wish there was some way I could become motivated to really practice over the summer. I put it off and put it off until something else comes up and I can't remember wanting to practice in the first place. I think the real reason why I don't practice is because its so painful, and the reason it is so painful is because I'm out of shape...and why am I out of shape?..because I don't practice. Now don't get me wrong, I love playing my horn, but it is tedious when there isn't an imposing recital, concert, or lesson hanging over your head to work up the motivation to play something. Something is referring to etudes or a solo, because there is NO WAY I have the patience right now to sit through an actual technical session...I probably shouldn't put this on the internet because now everyone(the two people who read this) will know how much of a failure I am by not playing as much over the summer. Each week is the week that I'm going to get better and build up my endurance for the school year..oh well.

On another note, I've lived in Texas for 22 years now. I once owned a truck, but I cannot stand truck drivers in this state. I especially hate the F-350 owners who just drive around town. They use a work vehicle for luxury. I don't understand why it is such a macho thing to drive around in a huge truck. Not only is it annoying they can't drive worth anything. I was almost pushed off the road the other day by an idiot truck driver(not the first time nor will it be the last.) I guess I had more hatred for trucks when the event actually happened. Plus, trucks aren't fuel efficient and they don't exactly solve any of the vehicle problems we've been facing here in this country.

Alright, enough of this...I have to go practice.

No comments: